scroll each page


Mill Cottage Museum

Port Lincoln, South Australia

incorporating the Bishop Family Collection and the Pioneers and Descendants Club Collection

Open Wednesdays 10am to 2pm and Sundays 2pm to 4pm (Closed during Winter)

Come to beautiful Flinders Park in Port Lincoln to see this old pioneer home built in 1866 for 

Joseph K Bishop and lived in for almost 100 years by members of the Bishop family.

The Bishop Family Collection displays items, furniture and clothing, some brought from England when Captain John Bishop arrived in 1839 as well as a large range of water colour paintings by his grand-daughter Amy Bishop, the last member to live in the cottage.

Now added to the Museum is the interesting and varied collection of early Port Lincoln memorabilia which belonged to the Pioneers and Descendants Club.

See our photo kiosk of over 5000 historic images

Visit the Port Lincoln History Centre, located behind the Museum